You’ve been thinking about getting ready for your weekend getaway for a while, or maybe you’ve been dreaming about places to go and people to see and haven’t quite booked your mini trip just yet. Either way, you want to make sure you’re prepared with all the must-haves. Whether you’re enjoying a peaceful beachside retreat or embarking on urban exploration in a new and vibrant city, put on your best travel shoes for women and let’s explore our list of the eight essentials you should pack for a weekend getaway.
- Versatile Clothing — You never know what kind of weather you’ll have on your trip or where you’ll end up going. That’s all part of the fun and spontaneity of a weekend getaway. To make sure you’re prepared for whatever comes your way, pack versatile clothing. Gather different mix-and-match items like casual tops and nicer blouses that can be layered with a jacket or cardigan. A pair of dark jeans can be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion. To help save space in your luggage, roll your clothing or use packing cubes to help keep your things organized and easily accessible.
- Pajamas and Extra Undergarments — You may not think you need that extra pair of underwear, but you should always pack extra undergarments like underwear, bras and socks. Make sure you pack comfortable sleepwear like a nightgown or pajamas to get a good night’s sleep. When in doubt, an oversized t-shirt and cotton pants are the way to go.
- Travel-Sized Toiletries — Even if you’re not going on an airplane for your weekend getaway, it still helps to have travel-sized toiletries so you don’t forget your must-have toiletries like shampoo, conditioner, body wash and so forth. If you have any personal hygiene items you need, make a list of what you need before you go so you don’t forget things like face wash or moisturizer before your trip.
- Travel-Sized Makeup — Likewise, it’s also helpful to pack travel-sized makeup. Bring a small makeup bag with all of your essentials, like mascara and foundation. You don’t need to pack your full-on eyeshadow palette with a dozen different colors. Instead, pack a small version of your usual palette and consider a neutral eyeshadow palette that can easily match any look on your weekend getaway.
- Comfy Travel Shoes — Every woman needs comfy travel shoes that can take her from the airport to her next adventure. Ideally, you should have just two shoes, including one pair of sneakers or walking shoes for daytime exploring and another pair of dressier shoes for evening outings. Either way, both pairs should be comfortable enough that you can enjoy walking around for hours or dancing the night away.
- Travel Documents — Not only should you bring your ID or driver’s license with you, but you should also bring photocopies of your ID or driver’s license in the event you lose your physical ones. Take a photo of all of your pertinent travel documents so you have digital copies of them as well. It helps to have reservation confirmations all together in a travel wallet or organizer.
- Sunscreen and Sunglasses — Even if the forecast doesn’t call for sun, you should still wear sunscreen and bring sunglasses. According to Healthline, if you aren’t already wearing sunscreen every day, you should. Summer and spring aren’t the only seasons you should wear sunscreen, so if you’re planning a fall or winter getaway, you should still use it all year long. To help get into the habit of wearing sunscreen on a daily basis, why not get started with this weekend getaway? Pack your sunscreen for your body and your face and an extra pair of sunnies. You’ll be glad you did.
- Tote Bag — With a stylish tote bag, you’ll be able to hold all of your essentials during your weekend getaway. A bigger tote bag can contain all of your overnight clothes, makeup, toiletries and shoes. Looking for shoes that can fit right in your tote bag with no issues? Get washable shoes for women that you can put right in your tote bag on your flight or in the car. These shoes are easy to carry and care for. After you’ve finished your fabulous weekend getaway, all you need to do is throw them in the wash.
With our ultimate checklist in mind, you’ll be able to embrace your weekend getaway with confidence and comfort. No matter where you’re headed, you’ll be ready for wherever your adventures take you when you wear comfortable heels for women. While many women like to travel with flat shoes, wearing comfortable, low-heeled shoes are a great option for the savvy and stylish traveler. They offer more arch support for your feet, and with the right heel, you’ll be able to wear them all day when you’re going from moment to moment during your trip. Happy travels!