Beach season is right around the corner, which means it’s time to switch your thick sweaters out for your summer swimsuits! Whether you’re a fan of simple black bikinis or intricate one-piece suits, it’s so much fun to get ready for a summer day on the beach. In addition to your bathing suits, you’ll need a few bathing suit cover up options to match your summer style and give you a little extra coverage to and from the beach. Here are a few stylish cover up ideas for your next beach day.
- Printed Kimono: Unless you’ve forgotten over the winter months, you know the beach can get very hot. Even under a shaded umbrella, sometimes there’s just no better way to cool off than taking a dip in the ocean. For sweltering beach days, go for an open kimono in a fun color or print over your bathing suit. These look effortlessly stylish and allow for maximum air flow, even on the hottest days. Feel the breeze and look chic in one of these flowy cover up styles!
- Stylish Sarong: A cute sarong cover up is perfect for the beach or a fun pool party. The best part about a sarong is that you can wear it multiple ways! Pair a cute sarong with your favorite boutique swimwear set and tie the sarong around the side of your waist for a skirt-inspired cover up look that shows off your swimsuit top.
You can also tie your sarong around your chest like a towel for more coverage and security. However you choose to tie your sarong, take inspiration from luxurious sarong wearers everywhere and pair it with a chic pair of sunglasses and strappy sandals.
Source: Maridav/ shutterstock.com
- White Dress: A classic white cover up dress is a great item to keep as part of your summer wardrobe. Take it on vacation with you next time you go to the beach and wear it with a white bathing suit for a timeless beach look. A gauzy white maxi dress can add a luxurious feel to your beach outfit. Plus, most white cover up styles are somewhat translucent, allowing your cute bathing suit print to peek through from underneath the dress! Pair yours with a fun swimsuit in a bold color, pattern or print and white sandals for a simple yet cute beach look.
- T-Shirt Dress: A simple t-shirt dress or flowy tank top dress makes for a great cover up on and off the sand. When shopping for the perfect beachy t-shirt dress, look for a soft cotton material that will allow air flow to pass through and moisture to evaporate quickly.
T-shirt dresses are ideal for days when beach time might lead to exploring, shopping or eating out. Since t-shirt dresses are commonly worn for these occasions, you won’t feel overexposed even if you head indoors. Consider pairing this cute cover up dress option with slip-on sandals and cute jewelry for a look that will take you to the beach, the boardwalk and beyond.
- Boyfriend Shirt: Not everyone wants to wear a dress as their swimsuit cover up at the beach! If you’re in this boat, consider wearing an oversized or off the shoulder t-shirt or lightweight button down shirt. Both styles are a little less girly and create a perfectly undone beach look you’ll want to wear over and over again.
When it comes to a full cover up outfit, an oversized top looks great with fitted shorts or a denim miniskirt. Play around with your favorite summer styles and find the combination you love the most! Pair this cover up look with a messy bun, wayfarer sunglasses and a woven beach tote.
Source: Maridav/ Shutterstock.com
- Beach Romper: One-pieces don’t only apply to swimsuit styles! You can rock a jumpsuit, romper or other one-piece style as a cover up on your next beach day. Beach-inspired romper styles are trending lately, so get to online shopping to find your perfect style. Will you go for a cute crochet romper, a lightweight linen jumpsuit or something in between?
When deciding on a cover up one-piece, consider your bathing suit choice first. Not all swimwear styles work well with one-piece clothing, so make sure your swimsuit won’t create any weird bumps or texture beneath your cover up. Pair a beach-approved romper with a classic string bikini and slide on a pair of leather sandals for a beachy casual look. For a more elevated beach day look, throw on a flowy white cotton or linen jumpsuit and strappy sandals that criss cross up the ankle.